The OPA Online Showcase is an art competition available to OPA members three times a year and is another opportunity for members to show their artwork throughout the year.
Each on-line contest will have one honorary judge who will narrow down to the top paintings. Award amounts vary between contests.
Spring 2017 Online Showcase
The Spring 2017 Online Showcase is accepting entries from March 1 - May 15, 2017 and boasted awards of $3,000 for first place, $1,500 for second place and $500 for third place for OPA Associate Members only. 10 honorable mention awards will also be awarded for the Associate division. The Spring 2017 Online Showcase is open to Associate OPA members only. Learn how to become a member.
- The entry fee was $14 and allows you to show one piece of oil paint artwork in the OPA Online Showcase.
- The Spring 2017 contest is open to current OPA Associate members only. To become an OPA member, apply at oilpaintersofamerica.com. Artists must reside in the United States, Canada or Mexico.
- New members must apply for membership by the posted membership deadline, or wait until the next on-line show.
- Representational oil paintings of original concept and design only. Paintings created in an instructional setting, including, but not limited to workshops and art classes are not considered original artwork.
- Paintings entered must have been painted in the last 3 years
- Artist may enter as many artworks as they would like. Each artist is only allowed to win one of the top thirteen awards.
- Artists may NOT enter paintings that have won art contest awards in other OPA shows.
- Artists may enter paintings that have been sold.
- A painting can be submitted into each contest until it receives an award.
- Entry for each painting is $14
- All entries will be displayed on this website
- There is no size restriction
- You may upload any image size you want but we recommend a minimum of 600 pixels on the longest side so the judge can see enough details
- Your painting must be your own original concept and not a copy of anyone else’s copyrighted material (If your image infringes upon another’s copyright it will be disqualified)
- You may only submit your own work! OPA reserves the right to ask for further proof if there is any question or concerns as to the originality of the work.
- Make sure your painting is signed and that the signature is visible in the image upload
- You will not have to provide the painting physically, so you don’t worry about having to ship it.
- Artwork may be submitted until midnight, central time on the last day of the submission deadline.
- All submissions must be made through this website, email submissions and/or physical submission can’t be accepted.
- The Juror of Awards need not be a member of OPA. The decision of the judge will be final.
- By entering this art competition, you are granting OPA a non-exclusive perpetual license to reproduce images of your artwork for marketing and promotion purposes for up to 1 year.
- Awards will be sent to winners after the conclusion of the show. OPA is required by the IRS to issue and receive a W-9 form from all artists who win award monies of $600 or more. Artists will not receive cash prize(s) until the form is received.
- By entering the competition, artists agree to follow rules #1 - #21
- Final Rule: Have Fun and Happy Painting!